Monday, May 6, 2019

Background thinking

Our second night we had 9 people. Six came from flyers delivered in Corio and there were three 
Whiteboard from 2nd Night
team. 1500 flyers have been distributed around Rosewall. We had dinner, great fellowship, discussion and some powerful prophetic prayer. Praise God!

Some of the thinking behind this
The purpose of this blog post is to give some of the thinking behind it all.

What about a team?
We have decided to begin without a team and build up a team as we go. The beauty of this method is that we begin by building culture which flows from Christine and I rather than theory which then needs to be converted into culture. I think gathering a team around a theoretical vision runs the risk of drifting away from theory, whereas starting with culture means we then use theory to explain the cultural choices we make in practice. Also, as my ideas are quite radical, explaining the theory of what I’m trying to do often meets with blank stares. This way means that people can see what we’re doing and get involved rather than try to explain it to them at the outset.

Although we are part of Geelong Vineyard Church, we haven’t been sent officially at this stage. We do have a strong prayer team supporting us, 15 people from round the world who believe in us as a ministry couple.

Called by God?
Yes. It’s a faith thing. I’d say 50% the mysterious and miraculous work of God and 50% our own preferences are behind setting up LMHG. The God part has been a consistent quiet affirmation in my personal prayer life. Seeing doors close which I thought should open and all the doors open for this ministry. A massive amount of prophecy over me about beginning a fruitful ministry from the Vineyard Church crew. However, when I talk with my church friends about my vision, many frown and don’t seem to ‘get it’. Personally, I think the mission we have is closely aligned to Jesus’ teaching and mission. Also, we offer what churches are not offering: friendship, discipling, food and prayer. Christine and I want to commit to an area and build. Putting all this together it seems to be our calling. By faith we are called by God to build Little Miracles Home Group in Corio. 

Making a new way
Christine and I have run several successful ministries, groups and even a cafe businesses together. We have moved on from these to create LMHG believing it to be a more fruitful pursuit for the kingdom of God so that we can bear fruit, 30, 60, 100 times what was sown, becoming 'trees of righteousness,' Isaiah 61: 3.

Traction is building - More people coming to Jesus!

Engaging the Youth with Tree Planting  This month we had a wonderful and powerful Tree Planting Outreach and I owe a massive thank you to ev...