Monday, May 31, 2021

Chugging along and working in a factory!


Tree Planting on sunny days

We're grateful that we could have a wonderful little tree planting day using the new ground the council has given us. Many church people came and mingled with the locals. This is an important step as we build up for our big party in mid July.

Harvest Team in Labuan Square 
We had six in our team last week. We were very warmly received and got to pray for lots of people. In early June, we're going to bring guitars and sing some Maori worship songs with the folks at Labuan Square as many of them have a dormant faith which can be rekindled.

Pizza Nights
We've had a little miracle. I was tired and I wanted to quit the Friday Pizza Nights, but instead God brought a new leader along and also Christine did the teaching, really well. I learned that God will provide what we need as we step out in obedience and love our neighbours.


New Work
As Christine finished teaching, I have taken a job in a local chicken processing factory cleaning crates 9 hours a day for 2 or 3 days per week. I have been praying and worshipping God at the top of my voice because no one can hear me over the noise and I've been building relationship my fellow workers.

Paul & Karen away

While senior pastor Paul Hills is away on holidays, I am responsible for Bethel Christian Fellowship. This means adapting to the lockdown and growing in leadership, facilitating Sunday services and prayer meetings. Recently, the prophetic folk amongst us have begun saying we are going to grow as a church and that God is going to provide what we need. I am so privileged to be a significant part of what God is doing here in Corio!
If you're interested, here's a video of a Zoom Church Online last Sunday. 

Traction is building - More people coming to Jesus!

Engaging the Youth with Tree Planting  This month we had a wonderful and powerful Tree Planting Outreach and I owe a massive thank you to ev...