Wednesday, June 30, 2021

I need you :)

I need you - Prayer Warrior
Last night at our amazing Leaders' and Pastors' Unity Dinner, a young Church Planter let fly prophetically to the group. He said we need to rest, knowing, as the Body of Christ, we each play different roles. I can never be more than I can be in the here and now. I rely on God to guide His people to work in His harvest to compensate for what I can never be. We had 27 guests, representing 9 organisations. Hallelujah! We hosted this Unity Dinner because church unity is a prerequisite for revival.

Our strong team of 6 went witnessing 5 times during Term 2, focussing mainly on Labuan Square, a 'very dilapidated strip frequented by drunks' in Norlane. We love these honest, welcoming guys. Last Thursday they split; some arguing the Word of God is important, others saying our 'free BBQ' was undercutting the local shops. In the end, we were invited back - see Term 3 - please pray :) I'm trying to teach the church that 'the win is persevering'.

Multicultural Play Group
A record, 25 attended last time and I feel God saying He wants to 'do more' with the Playgroup. Please pray for a powerful manifestation of the Kingdom of God, of love, healing, trust, vulnerability and healing, as God comes, as faith comes. 

Big Tree Planting Party - Biggest Ever
At the end of the current School Holidays, we're hosting our biggest ever Community Tree Planting Event. The Norlane/ Corio Lion's Club will be here with their BBQ and prizes: 2 bikes, a computer and skate board. Our aim is to help people mingle and love living in Corio! Please pray and I'll send you the video next time!

Acting Senior Pastor
I'm back to Assistant Pastor now Paul Hills is back from holidays. We have such a healthy church, 'managing' while he was away was a doddle :) Thank you Lord. 

Personal Employment 
Christine starts work with the Australian Bureau of Statistics next week - a new job. I'll continue working 2 days in the chicken factory. I've found out 90% of local pastors work full time outside of church: delivery driver, abattoir, hospital orderly. They're champions!

Obeying the Lord
Upping the ante, is what I'm sure God has called me to do with this next event, to which you are most cordially invited. Please pray now for CORIO ADULTS to step up and take responsibility for this vision.

Thank You
Frankly, Christine and I could not do this without you. If I need to remind you, the power, will and love of God is manifest today, in our time as we each devote our time in prayer; our hearts in sacrificial intercession knowing that finally our life is IN HEAVEN, not on this earth.

Let our prayers be multiplied today and in this season. 

Warmest regards

Angus & Christine.





    






Traction is building - More people coming to Jesus!

Engaging the Youth with Tree Planting  This month we had a wonderful and powerful Tree Planting Outreach and I owe a massive thank you to ev...