We are gaining traction in ministry in Corio in many different ways and I'm very thankful to you for praying for me and Christine. Here is an overview of the highlights of our ministry in November.
New Style of Outreach
In early November, we started a completely new type of outreach. Instead of just making friends and offering prayer to the folks at Labuan Square, we hosted a small concert. It was such a beautiful evangelistic event. In fact it was the best evangelistic event I've ever done! Here is a video of the event.
On Saturday 18 December, we will use the same people and more to host a Carols event at Labuan Square with a strongly evangelistic thrust. The focus will be on testimonies of healing. And God has provided me with a growing team of helpers, just as He said He would. Please pray for this "Carols @ Labbo" event!
This photo shows God's answer to our prayers for a local kid called Chance who's been expelled from several schools and seems to be on a path of crime at age 13. In this photo he's trying a new pathway; the group for men and boys which I set up with Ken (also pictured) at the beginning of Covid. The group is perfect for Chance who really loves engines. Please pray he will continue at the group and in his discipleship.
After a lot of red tape and jostling with the City of Greater Geelong, I'm thrilled that I now have a permit (and the 6 foot high trees) to run this event next Sunday. This will be the a big step up from our last planting event with more ministers bringing a strong evangelistic thrust during the Christmas Show.
Family Pizza Night - really cutting through
I have been astonished as the Lord has provided new leaders to help Christine and me serve the children and families who come to Family Pizza Nights; especially with teaching the Word of God and the craft of Christianity. My faith is growing as I learn more of God's ways as we offer consistent, passionate and sincere love to the children and families who come. And the amazing thing is they are staying at the end to hear God's Word. One child arrived recently and said, "What do I have to do to become a Christian?" My jaw hit the floor. I am so thrilled that after just two years, we are getting some really solid results in many avenues! Thank you Lord.
Play Group - What a lovely first year!
We average about 15 in total each session and we love it. Next year we will keep going, but change the day to Friday and we will do some more promotion to try to attract more needy anglo families and LOTE families. Notice the Nativity Scene in this photo!
Leading and Preaching at Bethel
We are amazed at the 'success' of our ministry efforts this year, or rather it seems we're on a wave of revival. Please pray for more humility, pruning and fruitfulness. Here is my latest sermon at Bethel for your interest. It is about our Place, Purpose and Plan - as a church.
Bless you heaps!
Angus & Christine